The Expository Preaching Forum
Our standard agenda is:
- 8:00 – 8:15: Arrive, greet, pray.
- 8:15 – 8:30: Fellowship.
- 8:30-9:30: A facilitated workshop drawn from a good preaching book or manual.
- 9:30-10:00: Discuss an expository sermon recently preached by a member of the forum. The preacher under the spotlight rotates each month. The idea will be to give a brother some constructive criticism.
Do you know of someone who’d be a valuable contributor to this forum? Please share this page with them. The idea wouldn’t be to bring every man and his dog, but rather a group of men who love God’s Word and desire to faithfully proclaim it.
What is Expository Preaching?
Expository Preaching differs from Topical Preaching in that it “makes the main point of Scripture the main point of our message and applies it to our people.” It uncovers, explains and then applies the intended meaning of a passage.
Why is Expository Preaching so Important?
- Expository preaching demonstrates proper handling of God’s Word to the congregation.
- By preaching consistently through a book the preacher and congregation have the benefit of building each week on the content from the week before.
- The preacher is guarded from Scriptural neglect.
- Expository preaching balances the message from theological overemphasis.